If you are wanting a hair transplant procedure, have a treatment already booked with us or are wanting to research the topic further then this guide is for you. We are often asked by our patients “are hair transplants safe?” Thankfully, the answer to this question is simple: yes, hair transplant procedures are indeed safe.
The hair transplant, whether it be used to transplant hair onto the head, to the facial area or somewhere else on the body, is an incredibly popular procedure that has been performed successfully since the 1950s. The methods that are used in hair transplant procedures today are advanced and conducted under extremely rigorous standards of health and safety. This means that the hair transplant procedure itself is one of the safest cosmetic surgeries that you can have. It is a very advanced treatment that has become incredibly popular in Turkey, with a great many people travelling to Turkey each year in order to have their hair transplant treatment.
In this guide, we are going to detail for you the two predominant methods of hair transplant that are commonly used in surgeries today, why exactly they are safe and why you can engage with these treatments with confidence and without caution. They are as follows:
The FUE Method Of Hair Transplant:
This method involves removing individual hair follicles from the donor site one by one, and once all of the donor follicles have been collected, they are then inserted into the target area by way of a small incision that is made in the scalp.
What Make The FUE Method Of Hair Transplant Safe?
• All of the doctors and nurses that are involved in our FUE hair transplant procedures are highly experienced and extensively qualified. They have completed countless procedures on patients with varied individual circumstances, specifications and desires. Furthermore, all instruments that are used are sterilised, the environment is extremely clean and the highest standards of cleanliness are upheld throughout every stage of the procedure.
• FUE itself is a treatment that is non-invasive and does not require you to be put under general anaesthetic. Only a local anaesthetic is required to numb the donor and target sites, no other needles are involved in the procedure.
• There are no stitches required at any point during this treatment which minimises the risk of infection and improves recovery time.
The FUT Method Of Hair Transplant:
This method involves the removing of a small strip of skin from the back of the head that has upon it a great many hairs. This small piece of skin, or donor strip, will then have the follicles removed from it. Once this process has been completed these donor follicles are placed into the target site. This method has been replaced in recent years by the FUE method but is however still a popular option for those individuals who are looking to have a large number of hair follicles transplanted over a short space of time.
What Make The FUT Method Of Hair Transplant Safe?
• As is the case with the FUE method of hair transplantation the FUT method is conducted by extremely experienced medical professionals who have between them completed hundreds of successful FUT hair transplants over the years.
• The strip of skin that is removed is kept as small as possible so that scarring is minimised. The most proficient and advanced methods of skin removal are adhered to throughout.
Our Commitment To Safe And Proper Aftercare
At Longevita, we are committed to providing all of our patients to an extensive aftercare programme which will ensure that the hair transplant itself has the highest chances of success. This aftercare programme is backed by medical research and scientific evidence and has been put together with the sole intent of being simple and easy to follow, including:
• Instructions regarding dietary recommendations
• How to care for your new hair
• Shampooing and moisturising
• Clothing choices
To learn more about aftercare and how it ensures the safety of your new hair then please read our blog that is dedicated to this topic.
Get In Touch
If you would like to get in touch with us regarding a hair transplant, to book your free consultation or if you have any further questions about the safety of the above two hair transplant procedures then please do not hesitate to contact us. If you would prefer you can reach out to us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can call us on 0845 5198 948 and a member of our team will be happy to assist you or to answer any questions that you may have. We look forward to speaking with you soon!