Hair transplant is a cosmetic procedure sought after by hundreds of thousands of people all around the world. One of the most frequently asked questions regarding hair transplant procedure is about hair transplant recovery time.
Today latest hair transplant techniques have evolved into the point that the procedure is performed with tiny incisions and it is much less invasive than previous hair transplant techniques. That is why hair transplant recovery time is now significantly shorter than before.
Most patients feel good enough to go back to their daily lives within a day or two after their hair transplant. However, some soreness and possibly numbness on the donor area may be experienced. Redness and slight swelling may also be expected for a few days.
Your surgeon will provide you with instructions to help you prepare for hair transplant recovery time. The instructions include what to do and what not to do before and after the procedure so that your hair transplant recovery will be faster.
Some essential issues to consider before the procedure for shorter hair transplant recovery time are as follows:
- Do not take blood thinners and beta blockers for two weeks before hair transplantation
- Do not take aspirin or other anti-inflammatory medications for one week before hair transplantation
- Do not drink alcohol for one week before hair transplantation
- Do not take multivitamins or vitamin B and E before hair transplantation
A few important post-operative instructions for shorter hair transplant recovery time are as follows:
- Do not expose your scalp directly to the sun for a few weeks.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity for four weeks
- Support your head with an extra pillow to decrease swelling
- Do not drink alcohol for three days
- Do not take Aspirin or any other anti-inflammatory medications
- Use your medication as prescribed by your doctor
When you follow these instructions as well as the ones provided by your doctor, you will have a very comfortable hair transplant recovery time.