What Causes Hair Loss?
The hair is very similar to a pasture field. The growth of hair completely depends on what is going underneath, that is beneath the scalp.
Like a crop field, the scalp should yield a product, which is the hair. Proper hair growth cycles are very important because if anything in the cycle goes sideways that is when people face hair loss.
There are many things that can interfere or hinder the hair growth cycle. Things like medicines, disease, infection, and chemicals can have a role to play in improper hair growth.
Many people think that hair loss is a problem that only men face. This is not true, hair loss in women is more likely to be a problem of thinning hair. Hair loss in women is probably noticeable in women who are aged in their 50s or 60s, but problems like these can occur because of many reasons, irrespective of age.
Causes Of Hair Loss In Women
Humans typically lose about 50-100 hair strands every day. This hair fall does not cause any noticeable thinning due to the growth of new hair the old hair falls out. When the hair growth cycle is disturbed or disrupted and when the hair follicle is destroyed, this is when hair loss occurs and is left with a scarred tissue.
The cause of female hair loss is usually due to the following factors:
- Genetics and Heredity – The most common cause of hair loss is because of genetics or hereditary conditions that can be referred to as male-pattern or female-pattern baldness. Genetic hair loss basically occurs gradually with age. There are no predictable patterns in which hair loss in women may occur. The most common are receding hairlines and bald spots in men, while in women hair thinning might be seen.
- Stress – Many people experience hair thinning after a period of stress or physical or emotional shock. However, this type of hair loss is temporary and can be reversed with proper care and precautions.
- Hormones or Medical Conditions – A variety of conditions can cause permanent or temporary hair loss, including hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause and thyroid problems. Another medical condition which causes hair loss in women is alopecia areata, which causes patchy hair loss, scalp infections such as ringworm and a hair-pulling disorder called trichotillomania.
- Medications and supplements. Hair loss can be because of the side effects of certain drugs or medicines which are used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, high blood pressure, etc.
- Certain hairstyles and treatments. Excessive hairstyling or hairstyles that pull your hair tight, such as pigtails or cornrows, can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia. Hot oil hair treatments can lead to the inflammation of hair follicles and ultimately leading to hair loss. If scars appear, hair loss in women could be permanent.
There are many reasons that may lead a person to have a hair transplant procedure. The reasons may vary from person to person, but there are some important reasons why women should have transplant procedures. Here are the 5 main reasons why women should consider hair transplantation:
- Feel Beautiful: Looking beautiful is a societal pressure for many women. Many women suffer from hair loss or hair thinning. Due to this, they lose their self-confidence. With hair transplants, women have the opportunity to look and feel beautiful.
- Natural: Despite hair transplant procedures being cosmetic procedures, the results are natural and women can groom the transplanted hair just like natural hair. Be it hair cuts, hairstyles or other hair makeovers.
- Permanent: The hair transplant results are efficient and mostly permanent if and only if the procedure has been successful and post-op rules and guidelines are followed strictly and carefully. Mostly the transplanted hair never falls out and last a long time.
- Not Only For The Head: Hair transplant procedures are not only for the hair on the head. Hair transplant procedures can also be done in other areas like eyebrows and eyelashes. It is also possible to combine all of these transplants in a single visit or single sitting.
- Change the Way You Look: There are women who would like to disguise their forehead or high hairline. With the help of hair transplant procedures, the way that a hairline appears can be changed.
Way to Grow
Hair grows in three different cycles which are anagen, catagen, and telogen. Almost all of the hair on the head is a part of the anagen phase. This phase can last for a period anywhere between 2- 8 years. The catagen phase typically lasts for about 2-3 weeks. During this phase, the hair follicle shrinks. During the telogen phase, the hair rests. This phase lasts for a period of 2-4 months.
A majority of hair on the scalp is a growing phase. Approximately 10% of the hair strands are in resting mode at any one time. Hair grows about 6 inches a year for most people.
We are very successful at doing female hair transplant Procedure. Paigey Cakey is a British Rapper that has done the hair transplant procedure with us. We have the most affordable hair transplant in Turkey. Hair loss in women can be an upsetting experience, book a free consultation to find out what you can do about it!