A hair transplant involves the removal of hair follicles from what we call a donor site where the hair is plentiful, and transplantation to the recipient site where the balding occurs. This is a popular method for fixing hair loss issues and has been in use for decades.
Types Of Transplants And Scarring
Not all hair transplants are the same. There are a few different types, but the two most common today are:
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
FUT hair transplants can result in noticeable scarring at the back of the scalp. Generally, hair does not grow over scar tissue, so this method can leave you with a bald patch in this area.
The Pros Of This Procedure Are Mainly:
• The speed at which this procedure can be delivered.
• FUT requires fewer sessions. This means larger areas of hair loss can be covered in one go, and therefore the cost of the session will be less.
Cons Can Include:
• Longer periods of recovery and a higher chance of visible scars.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
FUE is used to remove individual hair follicles from an area of the head where the hair grows fuller with a specially designed extraction tool. These follicles are then prepared under a microscope, ready to be transplanted with the use of a micro-surgical instrument to the area of the head where the hair is thinning or balding.
The Major Pros Of This Method Are:
• There are no cuts or stitches, significantly reducing recovery time.
• Risk of scars will be none or, if scars should appear, they will be so small that they will be almost invisible.
Cons Of This Method Are:
• Time and cost. Though recovery time is considerably less, the procedure itself is a lengthier process to achieve results than FUT.
• Depending on the severity of your hair loss, you may need to go back for multiple sessions. This will raise the cost of the procedure.
We receive a lot of enquiries by potential clients about hair transplants, and especially hair transplant scars.
Most clients that enquire with us fear that getting a hair transplant will leave them with large, noticeable scarring tissue. Choosing to have FUE will leave almost no scarring. This procedure focuses on individual hair follicles, which are removed and transplanted, so scarring is minimal and so small it is almost invisible to the naked eye.
In contrast, FUT can cause obvious scarring to the scalp. This is because a whole section of tissue is removed from the back of the scalp, therefore once this area has healed it can reveal noticeable scarring which can sometimes make it quite obvious that you have had a hair transplant.
Fixing Hair Transplant Scars
Employing the FUE hair transplant procedure, we can offer to transplant hair follicles over the scarring tissue, successfully managing to disguise the scar.
We also offer Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) which involves the use of a precise and less invasive tool called the Choi Implanter Pen. This method allows the surgeon to work very fast and accurately, which helps with the scarring.
Our very popular package, the Unshaven Hair Transplant, allows patients to have a hair transplant without any noticeable signs, maintaining discretion.
Whatever procedure you choose to have with us, you can be sure you are in good hands with Longevita, we provide:
• Dedicated surgeons, who are members of ISHSR (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) in internationally accredited hospitals.
• Aftercare packages with a dedicated host who will support you through your entire recovery time in Turkey, who is linked to local surgeons in the UK who can be on hand for further support during your healing process.
• Finance options suitable for every pocket to ensure the treatments are affordable with competitive pricing structures.
If you would like more information on hair transplant procedures and how we can help minimise hair transplant scars, get in touch with our staff and book a no-obligation consultation today.
From the first consultation, we are with you all the way.
The complete package will be detailed for you, from transfers to and from the airport, the accommodation on offer, the entire surgery experience with our expert surgeon and the full aftercare plan which includes a dedicated host for up to a year.
Though we carefully select the best for all aspects of your stay, we do not arrange travel itineraries or help you book flights. A good travel coordinator in either London, Glasgow, Manchester or Birmingham can make sure everything is taken care for you.